Are Supplements Allowed in Sport!
Millions of people take Herbal Products and other dietary supplements. Sports Nutrition Supplements have become part of most daily exercise programs because of their ease of use and the best supplements are well balanced. All products must be legal supplements and approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration). South Africa – MCC – Medicines Control Council, HPCSA – Health Professions Council of South Africa, SANAS, R429 and R146 (Dept of Health)
Supplements are widely used today by athletes, bodybuilders, sports men/women and children (UK survey), to boost their strength, performance, and recovery.
Supplements Range From:
- creatine and
- various other “ergogenic” aids, (energy drinks)
Important Notice To All Athletes:
If you decide to take additional supplements, you should always consult an accredited sports dietitian/nutritionist who specialises in Sports Nutrition.
“Josta Dladla, soccer player for Kaizer Chiefs has been tested positive for banned stimulant DMAA (methylhexanamine) which is banned in professional sport. This banded supplement has been found in dietary supplements.” HPCSA website. Ensure the supplement you use (or intend using) has been tested and complies with the rules.
There is a myriad of supplements out there that have never been tested for banned substances and athletes should make sure that the supplement they select is not one of these low-grade nutritional supplements. These poor quality nutritional supplements are freely available and could be manufactured in someone’s kitchen? It is absolutely true. watch the video
General Sports Nutrition Key Points
- Eat a variety of whole, unprocessed foods in moderation
- Eat at least half the “Food Plate” servings of fruits and vegetables daily
- Very important: Control your weight
- Limit OR avoid alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Eat a diet relatively high in fiber
- Eat fewer simple sugars – sweets or table sugar
- Avoid junk food
- Avoid high-fat food – high cholesterol foods
- Avoid salty foods (unless you will be sweating quarts)
- Rely on food, not only diet pills
- Consider a multivitamin/mineral supplements (depending on country)
- Approved supplements
- Adequate sleep – 8 hours
- “There are no absolute rules.
- Very different diets, consumed by different people, may have equal nutritional value and some result in good nutrition. Occasional dietary indiscretions are not important”***to name just three runners Jim Fixx, Brian Maxwell, bicycling Nutrition-Ed Burke**Dr. Arnie Baker (MD) – Licensed USCF coach (he has coached racers to several Olympic Games)
The Best Supplements For ALL Sports
With ALL Herbalife 24 supplements tested for banned substances, is it any wonder that Herbalife 24 supplements are considered the Best Supplements For ALL Sports? It is used by Sportsmen and women in almost every discipline, helping them build muscle, store energy, recover after an event and rebuild muscle.
If you want more info on Herbalife 24 Sports Supplements, go to our Contact Us page and let us know your sports discipline and your training regime and we will gladly contact you and give you all the info.
We value your opinion, please leave a comment below.